Vet Care Services
REVISED VET CLINIC OPERATIONS
FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF YOUR PETS, WE HAVE REVISED OUR OPERATIONS AND WILL BE DEPLOYING A DRIVE-THRU MODEL. THE CHANGES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Effective Friday, March 20, 2020
- Clients will remain in their vehicle for the duration of their appointment.
- Communication between our staff members will take place by phone whenever possible.
- Owners arriving with emergencies or appointments that have been deemed necessary will be asked to call the number posted outside of the clinic entrance.
- Upon arrival, owners will be asked a few questions over the phone that pertain to their healthcare status so that our veterinary team can determine if the team needs to wear any protective clothing while they interact with said clients and pets.
- Our veterinary team may come outside and talk to owners in the parking lot. Apart from urgent upon-arrival issues (which currently takes place in the reception area), all clinical examinations will take place inside with animals present only. Some cases are not as urgent as others, so some owners and pets may need to wait in the car for a while. Again, owners will remain in their cars throughout the duration of their pets’ examination.
- Any consent forms will be presented to the owner in the parking lot for completion.
- If owners choose to move forward with the recommended treatment, they will be asked for payment information at the time the consent forms are presented. This is so they can make a deposit for half the amount of the estimated cost of care. Our payment methods include credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express).
- Animals being discharged will be brought out to the owners. Owners can pay their remaining balance using any of the aforementioned payment methods.
- Clients will be unable to access the clinic or to visit their animals if they are inpatients, except in the situation of euthanasia—in which case the best available options for the pet while making safety a priority will be considered during this delicate time. This is to protect our team so we are able continue to treat emergency cases.