In about a month, Michigan Humane will be taking over our local TV news stations for the 2021 Day of Giving Telethon, in partnership with Purina! This year’s event will be happening on Thursday, February 11 from approximately 6am until midnight, and will be broadcast during commercial breaks on local stations Fox 2 Detroit (WJBK), Local 4 (WDIV) and 7 Action News (WXYZ).
For those of you that are not familiar with our annual Day of Giving Telethon, some information on this critically important fundraiser is below:
- The Day of Giving Telethon gives Michigan Humane a broad space on local television to share stories of how all of us are helping to change animal lives in our community.
- Telethon involves many of our sponsors and friends of our organization coming together to promote Michigan Humane. There is also a significant role played by our Michigan Humane volunteers!
- There are elements of the Day of Giving shared on all our platforms, including our social media pages and in email campaigns.
Here’s how you can support the Day of Giving Telethon:
- If you can donate, please do so! The event features many opportunities to have your donations matched, thanks to our generous sponsors.
- If you are on social media, make sure to follow our Michigan Humane pages and share a post (or two!) regarding our Telethon. We’ll also be sharing the Michigan Humane Puppy Cam on February 11 for everyone to enjoy.
- Tune in! No matter which TV channel you watch, you’ll have opportunities throughout the day to catch Michigan Humane in action during commercial breaks. We’d love to hear your thoughts on the stories you see during the day.
If you have questions about the event, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Thank you in advance for your support of this important event!
Photo credit: Michigan Humane