SIMPLE Veterinary Care
Our six-point pet wellness program will help ensure that the well-being of your four-legged best friend for years to come
If you’re searching for the best veterinary care for your pet, it’s SIMPLE to find at the Michigan Humane Society! Our six-point pet wellness program will help ensure that the well-being of your four-legged best friend for years to come. These six components for healthy pets are:
- Spay/Neuter– Spaying or neutering is one of the most important things you can do for your pet. There are many health, behavioral and other benefits to having your pet sterilized.
- Immunizations– Routine vaccinations are important in keeping dogs safe from many common canine diseases. The MHS veterinary centers vaccinate thousands of animals each year, to protect them from deadly and transmittable diseases..
- Microchipping– A microchip is a permanent form of pet ID. The microchip itself has no internal energy source, so it will last the life of your pet. It is read by passing a microchip scanner over the pet’s shoulder blades and can be scanned by a shelter that may pick up your pet if it is lost.
- Parasite Control– Pets can often harbor zoonotic parasites meaning they can be transmitted to the human members of your family as well as being harmful to your pet. Making sure your pet is on a year-round parasite control program will help protect your pet and family.
- Life Stage– Life stage divisions offer a framework for individualized veterinary care for your dog or cat. The stage of life of a dog or cat can affect what diseases he or she may be most prone to and what vaccinations he or she needs.
- Examinations – Routine, annual visits to your veterinarian can maximize your pet’s quality of life and life expectancy, minimize your costs of diagnosing and treating medical and behavioral problems, and give you the peace of mind that you are doing all you can for your pet’s good health.
For more details about each of the six points of SIMPLE, you can view an informational brochure here.