In-Home Heroes Animal Foster Program
Experience first-hand how you can make an immediate and lasting impact on the life of an animal that needs your help
In-Home Heroes is the Michigan Humane Society’s short-term, in-home care program which saves lives by helping animals who need a little extra time and TLC prior to adoption.
Animals may be placed in foster homes for a variety of reasons: illness, injury, they are too young for adoption, etc. We supply the resources - you supply the love!
Better by Design
Often referred to as animal fostering, MHS’ progressive program is designed with a convenient, short-term, structured focus, providing the maximum value to the animals - and their temporary caretakers.
The In-Home Heroes program will provide you with the resources and support needed through every foster experience.
- Food and supplies provided
- Help animals in your home, as your schedule allows
- Program includes training and support
- You choose which animals you can help
Fostering may be for you if you can answer Yes to two or more of the following questions:
- Do you love animals?
- Have extra space in your home and extra time in your schedule?
- Do you have prior pet care experience?
- Are you a "snowbird" who can only have pets a few months out of the year?
- A frequent traveler who can't commit to long term pet ownership?
Are you interested in opening your home and heart by becoming an in-home hero?
To become an MHS foster caregiver, call (734) 398-4961 and leave a message with your daytime contact information.
Have questions about fostering animals? Please call Marisa Babbitt at 248-283-1000, ext. 127.