Pet Adoption Fees
Dog and Cat Adoption Fees
The Michigan Humane Society offers the very best value in finding a four-legged friend. MHS starts with a detailed screening of each animal, including a medical exam and behavior assessment, followed by spay or neuter surgery, age-appropriate vaccinations, and more.
But the value doesn't end with adoption. Post-adoption benefits include Adopter Support, and an adoption reference package to take home with you. The adoption of any MHS pet also entitles you and your new friend to one full year of valuable MHS Alumni Club benefits following the pet's adoption!
Adoption fees vary by individual animal based on species, age and size, and include the valuable MHS adoption package.
- Dogs: $90 to $400
- Cats: $25 to $125
- Rabbits, guinea pigs, small mammals, birds and reptiles: $3 to $35.
Dog & Cat Adoptions Include*:
- Spay or Neuter Surgery
- Age-appropriate Vaccinations
- Basic Medical Exam
- Behavior Assessment
- Parasite Control/Deworming
- Heartworm Test (dogs)
- Microchipping (cats)
- Feline Leukemia Test (cats)
- Free MHS Veterinary Center Visit within 10 days post adoption, if needed (cost of treatment not included)
- $10 Discount on Microchipping (at time of your dog's adoption)
*Services rendered depend on the specific needs of each animal
Additional Products and Services Available:
The Michigan Humane Society offers the following additional products and services to help care for your new pet. Please inquire at the adoption center during the adoption process:
- Microchipping ($10 discount at time of adoption for dogs; MHS includes free microchipping with all cat adoptions)
- FIV testing for cats ($25 per cat at time of adoption)
- Informational handouts on pet health and behavior issues
- Heartworm preventative
- Veterinary services through our three veterinary centers